CIA Internship: Are you seeking a thrilling and challenging job or Cooperative Education (Co-op) experience? You might consider joining the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) as an undergraduate or graduate student.
The program is available to all full-time students seeking an undergraduate degree at the 4-year institution of study. The majority of interns are students in their freshman year at the time of application and may be interested in a DO job upon the completion of their studies. CIA provides opportunities for students to become CIA interns. They’re at the forefront of the world’s most significant events – when they take place. This is why working here isn’t only a job. It’s the mindset and lifestyle.
Area of the CIA Internship:
Internship is available to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Course Level: Internship
- Internship Provider: Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Internships are available for students in U.S.
CIA Internship 2022 Eligibility:
To be considered eligible to be eligible, applicants must Minimum Qualifications:
- US citizenship is required (dual citizenship for dual US citizens are also eligible). All posts require relocation to Washington, DC metro area.
- Full-time undergraduate student pursuing an undergraduate degree at an institution of higher education that has a minimum of one full semester of study completed at the time of applying There is no pre-determined major or study program. Include your university or college information in the”Ed” Section in the online application, along with the expected graduation date.
- Candidates who meet the requirements for two-year degrees part of accredited 4-year programs will be evaluated. It is important to mention your intention to study at a 4-year university or college in your letter of introduction. If your competitive admission is required, proof of acceptance into this program must be provided before entering the military.
- GPA that is at the minimum 3.0 on a scale of 4 points when you apply and kept throughout the application process and the internship program
- The ability to finish the two summer interns of 90 days.
- Full-time attendance at school on a daily basis before or following this job.
- Impeccable integrity
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Interest in international affairs and national security concerns
- A commitment to serving the interests of our nation
- An interest in a career in the Directorate of Operations for the CIA Directorate of Operations following graduation
- To be considered eligible for the Agency internship program, applicants must not have used any illegal drug or drugs within the last one year (12 months)..
- Skills in foreign languages or experience from overseas
- To be considered fit to be eligible for Agency hiring, Candidates must not have been a user of illegal substances in the past 12 months. The question of illegal substance use before 12 months ago is meticulously assessed in the security and medical screening process.
All Applicants Must Successfully Complete
- A comprehensive psychological and medical examination
- A polygraph test
- A comprehensive background investigation
Internship Open for International Students: No
Are these paid internships? The internship is paid.
- Start salary: $47,300 ($20.74 for an hour)
- In addition to an extensive benefits package In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the CIA offers exciting opportunities for career advancement and an exciting work working environment.
CIA Internship Description:
Within the Washington, DC area, you’ll be performing the typical duties of a staff operations officer or Collection Manager working in conjunction with experts to aid in the gathering and distribution of foreign intelligence that is used by US national defense, security, as well as officials in foreign policy and intelligence analysts.
- The applicants who are competitive and apply earlier in the application process, as opposed to the last week of the application process–have a greater chance of making it through the rigorous medical and security procedures required prior to beginning their duties as a Directorate of Operations Undergraduate Intern in the summer following.
- If you intend to pursue studies abroad or travel out of in the United States between now and the summer end in 2022, the USCIS strongly advises that you apply by January 30 2022. When you write your application cover letter, specify the dates you anticipate traveling to.
Awards given : Numbers not given
Internship Duration: Full-time
Notification: Not given
Is the CIA undergraduate internship a paid program?
Yes, the internship is a paid programme and that’s one of the reasons why the application is competitive. The give the limited slots to the qualified applicants.
Scholarship recipients will get up to $25,000 in tuition assistance per calendar year. What’s more, there’s usually a comprehensive benefits package for the students in addition to the salary payment.
Not limited to that, other than the monetary compensation and material value, the CIA often offers exciting and tempting career opportunities in a dynamic environment.
How to Apply CIA Internship
To apply CIA Internship, you will need to provide the following information:
The following items should be uploaded to the online form (PDF format is preferred):
- Cover letters (no over two pages) in which you describe yourself and tell us why you’re attracted to a career in DO, Highlighting your strengths and achievements that make you stand out against other candidates.
- The Qualifications Supplement as an individual PDF attachment addresses these questions
- What is it that makes the public service career interest you? (1 paragraph)
- Why do you want to work in the Directorate of Operations (1 paragraph)
- In addition to other than the Directorate of Operations, what other options for a career are appealing to you? (1 paragraph)
- Tell us about one aspect of your military, academic or professional background that helped you succeed within the Directorate of Operations (1 paragraph). Directorate of Operations (1 paragraph)
- Finish this thought: “I do my best work when …” (1 paragraph)
- Write about a time you failed in academic or professional pursuits and what you learned from the learning (2 paragraphs)
- College transcripts (copies of transcripts that are not official are accepted at this point in the process).
Date for submission of internship applications: Applicants with plans to be in the United States during the summer of 2022, CIA accept applications from March 1 – June 18 for the summer of the following year.
Learn More or Apply
- CIA Internship for Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- CIA Internship for Graduate Scholarship Program
In summary, you must note that the CIA internship program for undergraduate students is an ideal way of adding unique experience to one resume.
It gives student an inside track to what it means to working for the magnificent United States’ forefront espionage agency.
For you too apply and be selected as an intern at the CIA, you must put up a plan for, at least, a year in advance, be a U.S citizen, meet scholastic requirements, interview in Washington, D.C., etc.