Yale Young Global Scholars is a two-week academic summer program that offers a wide range of international experiences. YYGS provides financial aid for students in need to help them succeed. It serves over 2,000 students from over 150 countries and all 50 U.S. States.
The cost to attend a Yale Young Global Scholars residential program is $6,500. At the same time, the online program is $3,500. Yale University runs YYGS. It takes place at its New Haven campus. They used to have programs in Beijing but are now focusing only on Yale’s campus. Students will be able to live in Yale dorms during the program. They can attend classes and listen to talks by Yale professors.
Online participants (Yale Young Global Scholars ) will experience a different experience. Participants online will be enrolled in a program as intense and intellectually enriching as the residential program. You’ll spend approximately 20 hours per week “attending Yale faculty lectures, mini-seminars, and simulations.”
Students can participate in the program to learn more about a particular subject and meet like-minded peers. The Yale Global Scholars program emphasizes small lectures and collaborative learning. Each summer, approximately 2,500 students come from more than 120 countries.
What does the Yale Young Global Scholars program offer?
One of the four YYGS programs is available. Each program lasts for 13 days. You can rank your preferences for any of the four sessions on the YYGS app, but only one session per summer.
List Of Yale Young Global Scholars Programs
Science and Technology Innovations
Students who are interested in STEM topics. Students will apply scientific principles in real-world situations and learn about scientific fields such as physics, biochemistry, and immunology.
Applied Science and Engineering
Students are interested in real-world applications of physical science. Students will be able to learn about astronomy and chemistry as well as earth science and physics.
Literature, Philosophy, Culture
This course is for students who are interested in creativity and understanding essential texts. The program offers a wide range of creative arts courses, including poetry, philosophy, and film.
Politics, law, and economics
This course is for students interested in historical and current economic theory, government values, and legal frameworks. Students will be able to learn about government structures, human rights, and market regulation.
Global Challenges Solved
This course is designed to help students understand the most pressing problems facing the world (focusing on 17 issues identified by UN Sustainable Development Goals) and how they can be solved. Students will learn about artificial intelligence, global security, sustainability, poverty reduction, cyber security, and global health.
Apply for the Yale Young Global Scholars Program
Applicants must meet all the requirements to apply for YYGS:
- You must be at least 16 years of age by the first day of Session III, July 19, 2022.
- Participate in an English-language academic curriculum.
- You can be a high school sophomore, junior or international equivalent.
- You will graduate in May/June 2023, 2024, or Dec. 2024 from the Northern Hemisphere. 2022 or 2023 in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Participate in YYGS 2022 as a first-timer. You can only participate in YYGS 2022 if you have not participated in a previous summer** (2020 or prior).
Note This rule ensures that YYGS complies with all restrictions regarding the running of a summer program. No exceptions can be made. YYGS is open to all countries and allows students to apply for financial aid based on their needs.
How to Apply for Yale Young Global Scholars Program
- Check out the YYGS eligibility criteria.
- Check out the YYGS Application Required Components.
- Take a look at a PDF version of a blank application and prepare to answer as many questions as you can.
- Contact information will be required for any parent/guardian or teacher and school official. You should contact them immediately to discuss the sample blank application in PDF format. Make sure you get all the information you require.
- To start your YYGS account, click APPLY NOW. To access the application later, make sure you write down your password and email.
- To check if there are any missing components, go to the “Review” section of the application. If so, re-visit the pages that need more information.
- After your application has been submitted, click the “Review” button. Next, click the “Submit Application” button at the bottom.
- Pay the $60 Early Decision Fee or $75 Regular Decision Fee* in your Applicant Status Portal. All YYGS application fees are non-refundable. If you have submitted a Fee Waiver Request, you can view your Applicant Status Portal and see when it was approved or denied. Your application will not be considered if your Fee Waiver Request has been rejected.
- You will receive a confirmation email from YYGS confirming that your application was submitted successfully. Due to payment processing delays, confirmation emails are usually sent within 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions about Yale Young Global Scholars Program
- Why do you want to attend?
You want to experience college life and find out more about a specific subject or career path.
2. How Can You Afford it?
YYGS can be expensive. The residential program is $6,500, and the online program is $3,500.
Deadline for applications: January 10, 2022
For More Information Click Here